Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Fourth of July

We had a great Fourth of July weekend! Blake got the Arkansas portion of his project wrapped up and came home on Wednesday night. On Friday afternoon, we headed up to Lake Bruin to spend the holiday with Blake's family. Everyone had a great time! Below is a picture of Blake and me, and I'm pretty sure it adds about 10 pounds to me (of course Blake is looking as thin as ever, so I don't know if my theory hold up well). Saturday, July 3 marked the start of my eighth month. Just 2 left!
Aunt Erin did what she does best, and what she'll have to teach her God-child to do, fishing! That's Mr. John hanging out with Erin on the swing.
Here's Blake, cousin Brandon, and Uncle Ryan hanging out on the pier on Sunday afternoon. Next year Blake won't look quite so relaxed when he has a 10 months old crawling around! He got a little taste of the demands of fatherhood when all of Brandon's kids wanted boat rides all morning while he was off golfing, so Blake got to fill in (he didn't complain about driving the boat around all morning). Of course, Blake and Uncle Ryan have already started making plans for camps and boats and piers of our own! Stay tuned for more details (but not anytime soon)...it's only money, right?

It was a great weekend, and I enjoyed every minute that I got to spend with Blake and the rest of the family. Yesterday afternoon I dropped Blake off at his office for Round 3 of his levee inspections, where he'll be for the next 10 days. I packed a little surprise in his suitcase that he found last night once they arrived. One of the sweet Daddy Loves Me bibs will hang out with Blake to remind him that his little girl loves him and can't wait to hear his voice again in 10 days! On that note, as the tears of joy and excitement start to sting my eyes, I'm going to sign off!

Stay tuned for more updates as the count-down until D-day arrives!

No comments:

Post a Comment