Saturday, July 10, 2010

Back up 4 weeks to Minden Baby Shower

Back up a month to June 5th, and this was my first baby shower! My camera wasn't working, so my mom took all of the pictures, and we weren't very talented at transferring the pictures from Longview to Baton Rouge. Now, almost a month later, I'm ready to share them with you!

My sweet aunts threw me a baby shower during the Annual Wren Family Reunion in Minden, Louisiana. All the girls had a great time while the boys rode four-wheelers, shot guns, and did other manly things!
Below is Mama Gay (my dad's mom), me (and Gracie), Mimi (my mom's mom), and my mom! There probably aren't too many times when all "5" of us will ever be together again, so this was a very special time for us. Check out my awesome diaper cake and the "stroller" cake that Aunt Kathy's sister made for the shower. It was adorable, and delicious!
Below is me with my hostesses, Jill, Aunt Ellen, (me), Aunt Kathy, and Aunt Liz. I learned the ropes of child care from these women, as my Aunt Kathy had twin girls, Morgan and McKenzie, when I was 10, and I most certainly thought they were my little children! Aunt Liz had Samantha soon after, and we had a blast keeping her while my aunt and uncle went on vacation.

This picture cracks me up! It is the Boppy newborn lounger, which my sister Lauren gave to me, but in the picture it looks like there's a real baby sitting in it!

These are the above referenced Morgan and McKenzie, of whom I have very fond childhood memories. From the day they were born, my sister Lauren and I decided they were our children, and every time we were with them, they never left our sight! It's been a lot of fun watching them grow up, and they were candlelighters in my wedding (almost 5 years ago)! They gave me our favorite movie growing up, The Land Before Time, so that Gracie can watch it too!

After the shower was over, some of the boys decided to come check out the loot, and more likely get some of the delicious cake! Seated below are Blake, cousin Ben, PawPaw (my mom's dad), Uncle Jim, my brother Justin (Gracie's god father), my Dad "Pops", and Granddaddy (my dad's dad). My mom's side of the family drove in for the shower from Tyler, TX, and Shreveport.

All in all, it was a great shower, Gracie got lots of good stuff (pack 'n' play, swing, infant seat, lounger, LOTS of clothes, bathtime gear), and the list goes on and on! Thanks to everyone who made it such a special day for all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment