Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Babymoon - Baby's First Trip to NYC!

First things first, we're having a girl!!! We decided to find out so that our lives would be easier and the baby could have a room and wardrobe fit for a little girl, not full of neutrals!
Moving right along, Baby Girl Roussel is one well traveled baby! She's already been to the big apple, riding 1st class all the way! We all had a great time, and came back with her first possessions! I thought I had noticed some movement in the belly the week before we left, but in New York she really got active. I feel her moving around all the time, especially after I drink orange juice. It's her favorite!

Here are some of the sights of New York that we took in.

Phantom of the Opera - it was fabulous!

American Idiot - the Green Day musical - and Green Day was actually in the audience. It was good, but all I have to say is this: I'm glad baby Roussel's hearing is not fully intact. I wouldn't want her learning from this show!
Carousel in Central Park - This one is just for her! We were actually riding in a horse drawn carriage around Central Park, but I didn't get a picture of that! Afterwards we went to FAO Swartz where we got lots of goodies!

9/11 Memorial - it was pretty amazing to think back to everything that happened that day and know that people were standing right there when it happened, and some of them didn't get to go home to their families. May we never forget.


The original torch from the statue of liberty (I think).


View of the Statue of Liberty from the ferry ride.


Can you see it below? At American Idiot, we wrote on the wall "Baby Roussel's 1st Play". There was an entire wall for you to write on; I promise I wasn't defacing property :)


Times Square: Our hotel was 2 blocks from Times Square, and it was truly an amazing sight!


We had such a great time, and hope Baby Roussel did too!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like y'all had a great trip!! I'm so glad you are feeling her move already - that's wonderful! You look great!

    ReplyDelete